Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Financie – Req. 2254834
Job Title: Reimbursement Analyst
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for resolving any coding and charge related errors and denials that are identified by Hospital’s billing system as part of the revenue enhancement initiatives or errors assigned to designated work ques and track report buckets
- Ensure that documentation supports charges to prevent denials/underpayments
- Identify documentation and revenue enhancement opportunities
- Participates in an ongoing coordination and resolution of revenue cycle issues as they arise
- Review and distribute coding related information to clinical staff, including CPT and ICD-9 code changes, medical necessity policies, coding /billing information regarding new procedures and devices
- Participate in education programs to maintain up to date coding skills
- Conducts special project reviews as directed by Manager or Senior Director
- HS Diploma/GED is Required. College Degree is preferred
- Understanding of CPTs, HCPCS, APCs, DRGs and OPPS required. Coding certificate/licensure preferred
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have strong understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and third party payor rules and regulations and thorough knowledge of UB-92 data element requirements.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of the team
- Proficient computer skills, especially in MS Word, Excel and knowledge of MS Access
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.