Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
PATIENT COORDINATOR I - MEDICINE - FPA PRACTICE
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Patient Coordinator I greets and establishes first contact with patients, or
performs in a call center capacity. Confirms and updates patient demographics
and verifies insurance as necessary to ensure that patients have appropriate
insurance for physician they are seeing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet patients either in person or via telephone, and update their insurance/demographics in the practice management system
- Assure that physician accepts insurance that patients present with. If not already done prior to visit, verify insurance prior to patient’s arrival or at minimum at time of arrival before visit
- Communicate with appropriate staff regarding patient’s arrival, and ensure that patient’s medical record is available for physician
- Process/update HIPAA-related paperwork and other institutional forms as necessary
- Collect or retrieve referrals or insurance authorizations as required
- Review status of waiting room on a routine basis and ensure that patients are kept advised of wait times
- Ensures that patient has paid co-pay or collects co-pay under direction of billing staff, providing patient with receipt following established cash-control processes
- May schedule patient for follow-up appointment as needed. Provide patient with guidelines for requesting medical records, if necessary
- May perform simple charge entry tasks or enter payments collected from patients and prepare cashier’s deposit. Note: duties are mutually exclusive and may not be performed by the same employee
- Performs in a call center capacity (Faculty Practice Associates)
- Answer phones for practice and schedule appointments
- Follow all HIPAA and any other governmental or state agency requirements regarding the appropriate handling of PHI documents
- May initiate reminder phones calls for next day appointments
- Performs other related duties
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate/GED
- One year physician practice experience
- Must have a minimum of one week training on-site which will be provided by practice
- Prefer experience in a medical office setting, utilizing a computer system for physician scheduling
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.