Mount Sinai Careers
SCHEDULING COORDINATOR II - PEDIATRICS
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Scheduling Coordinator II is a
senior level individual, responsible for scheduling appointments, consults and
follow-up appointments for patients, and who takes a lead role among this
group, mentoring and training less experienced staff. The person in this role assists in oversight of
front desk and office activity in the absence of the Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules patient FPA appointments and updates practice management system.
- Collects patient demographics and insurance information and enters into practice management system.
- Verifies patient insurance coverage prior to appointment and advises patient of any insurance referrals or authorizations needed.
- May schedule patients appointments for tests or consults.
- May initiate reminder calls for next day’s appointments.
- Trains and mentors less experienced Scheduling Coordinator and administrative staff, and discusses issues of concern with Supervisor.
- May perform duty as liaison between Scheduling Coordinator staff and Administrative Assistants in addressing patient concerns.
- Participates in customer service initiatives, patient satisfaction surveys, ACD and appointment reporting.
- May participate and offer input into the Performance Appraisal process with the Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties
- High School diploma/GED
- 3 year secretarial/clerical experience, preferably with some directly related experience, in a medical practice environment
- Knowledge of IDX and Cerner systems helpful
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer relations
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.