Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
LIBRARY MANAGER - LEVY LIBRARY
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Reporting to the Chief Library Director, the Library Manager leads and provides vision for public services operations, overseeing customer facing service points, outreach initiatives and marketing campaigns. The Manager leads all media communications including social media presence.
- Establish strategic partnerships internally (campus departments, student groups), as well as with external partners by identifying outreach opportunities. Coordinate library-wide initiatives to promote and increase awareness of library services and programs.
- Oversees all aspects of library outreach activities including seminars, workshops, resource trainings, and focus groups.
- Manages all library communications and marketing campaigns, as well as the library’s social media presence.
- Works closely with the Collection Development department to strategically promote new library resources to appropriate communities.
- Stays informed of funding opportunities available through government programs and private sources and seek grant-based funding to support library programs and initiatives.
- Participates in library reference services through a variety of mediums, including telephone, chat, and email.
- Participates in classroom instruction and oversees all outreach education sessions for external departments, including the Center for Youth Excellence in Youth Education and the Center for Multicultural & Community Affairs.
- Maintains library web pages related to public services.
- Master's degree earned from an ALA-accredited Library/Information Science program
- Ability to lead, mentor, and motivate staff
- Excellent technology skills and experience managing library applications
- Ability to work independently and collegially with teams and individuals across departments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to engage in creative problem solving
- Must have significant experience with marketing library services and resources to diverse groups
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective outreach strategies
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.