Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
SENIOR CBO CLIENT SERVICE EXECUTIVE - FPA ADMINISTRATION
The Mount Sinai Health System
FPA ADMINISTRATION, #2256862
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Senior Client Service Executive serves as the
custodian of the Central Business Office-department relationship, fostering
organizational connectivity via personal interaction. Manages and mentors less
experienced Client Service Executive staff. Proactively manages the
relationship through an understanding the client’s needs and financial
performance, utilizing the information to establish a partnership between the
CBO and departments. Specific responsibilities include: identifying potential
operational gaps adversely impacting financial performance through the
assessment of department metrics and trends, strengthening CBO relationships
through proficient communication, and diplomatic resolution of any issues
related to the revenue cycle between the CBO and assigned departments.
Proactive in the execution of special projects related to this process, and
accountable for the success of billing operations for each assigned practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates a customer-focused collegial partnership with assigned practices and other corporate entities. Manages and directs client communications and CBO service interactions
- Proactively engages in management of department’s financial performance, delivering recommendations and results based upon financial metrics
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability for results of the billing and collections function that impacts the practice’s bottom line
- Cultivates and fosters positive department relationships with physicians, clinicians, and practice and billing administrators for the CBO
- Manages department expectations based upon Service Agreements and FPA benchmarks
- Collaborates with fellow team members and partners to resolve department concerns or requests
- Manages, mentors and sets expectations for less experienced Client Service staff
- Leads CBO special projects as related to client relationships and revenue cycle initiatives
- Conducts meetings with Operations and Reporting staff to identify areas of concern and is proactive in the implementation of work flow changes
- Leads cross functional teams in delivering high quality work products under set timelines
- Monitors key billing/collection statistics and compares to national/regional/local benchmarks including, but not limited to, net collections, days in A/R, etc.
- Manages CBO established deliverables and disseminates data to key practice members.
- Shares resources and information across boundaries to ensure patients and other customers’ needs are met
- Serves as primary in-house expert regarding the accounts receivable for assigned departments
- Works closely with departments and CBO to implement strategies to increase cash flow
- Performs detailed analysis and makes decisions and process flow changes based on financial analysis
- Represents the CBO in various revenue cycle meetings where appropriate
- Collaborates with CBO senior leadership in developing annual work plans and goals
- Schedules opportunities for feedback from leadership
- Mutually ensures annual performance review is completed and that of subordinate Client Service Executive staff
- Monitors own performance levels and work processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required; advanced degree (MPH, MBA, MHA) preferred
- Practice management/medical billing computer programs. EPIC/IDX experience preferred
- 7 years+ in consulting, health care or related physician practice business operations
- Knowledge of health care revenue cycle management required
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.