Mount Sinai Careers
Associate Researcher, Metabolism Institute
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Associate Researcher is an entry research position, responsible for conducting and assisting in routine and standardized experiments using techniques specific to the assigned research project. This individual typically conducts laboratory research and the position may include lab and clerical support. S/he analyzes and assists in interpreting research outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts routine and standardized experiments using appropriate research techniques specific to subject matter of the research project
- Analyzes and assists in interpreting laboratory results of moderate complexity
- Performs assays to support research studies
- Maintains laboratory environment and assists in the upkeep of appropriate inventory; may include ordering of supplies
- Logs and tests samples; prepares and submits laboratory materials and specimens for shipment
- Assists in the collection, analysis and review of experimental data for publication and presentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in science or related field required
- 0-1 year of research/laboratory experience
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.