Mount Sinai Careers
Cyto Laboratory Coordinator
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You'll Do:
The Cyto Laboratory Coordinator prepares slides of cellular specimens, completes initial screening and assists pathologists as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluates cytologic material for the diagnosis of established pathogenesis and signs out negative GYN (PAP) smears.
2. Evaluates non-GYN material for the diagnosis of pathologic entities.
3. Applies expertise in technologies toward teaching and clinical diagnostic purpose, devises new procedures and techniques.
4. Performs data gathering and entering of diagnosis and other data into a computer application.
5. Maintains equipment in working order and troubleshoots equipment problems.
6. Maintains records and documentation of quality control and laboratory test results, implements corrective action when tolerance limits are exceeded.
7. Assists at FNA procedures informing the radiologist of the adequacy of the materials aspirated.
8. Accessions laboratory specimens.
9. Prepares non-GYN specimens utilizing special techniques.
10. Prepares thin layer preparations for GYN and non-GYN materials.
11. Stains, coverslips and labels specimens.
12. Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents; orders same as depleted
13. Follows laboratory and personnel safety guidelines.
14. Follows institutional guidelines.
15. Apprises supervisor of any problems that are beyond own knowledge and expertise.
16. Performs other duties as required.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor of Science
- Cytotechnologist License
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.