Mount Sinai Careers
Physician Assistant - Pediatrics - Cardiology - FT
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- Pediatric Cardiac ICU
REQ # 2257886
Job Title: Physician Assistant
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Pediatric Cardiac ICU at the Kravis Children’s Hospital at Mount Sinai provides state-of-the-art care to neonates, infants, children, and adolescents recovering from cardiac surgery or under treatment for heart failure, arrhythmias, or other cardiac-related illnesses. We are a full service program offering neonatal open heart surgery, ECMO and other mechanical assist devices, and cardiac transplantation. Under the direction supervision of a pediatric cardiac intensivist, physician assistants are integral members of the PCICU team, alongside pediatric cardiac critical care nurses, pediatric cardiology fellows, and pediatric cardiac surgeons and anesthesiologists in a highly functional, family-centered environment. Physician assistants enjoy exceptional opportunity for professional growth and independence. Responsibilities include:
• Obtaining medical histories and performing physical examinations
• Ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests and laboratory studies
• Developing and implementing management plans
• Assisting physicians during medical procedures
• Performing therapeutic procedures
• Counseling patients and families regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens
• Participating in patient safety and quality improvement initiatives
A highly competitive remunerative package commensurate with the scope of this position will be offered along with an opportunity to join our world class organization.
· Graduate of an ARC-PA Accredited Program
· Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
· NY State licensure and DEA Certificate
· BLS and PALS Certification
· Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
· Experience in inpatient pediatrics, cardiac surgery, and/or critical care is strongly preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.