Mount Sinai Careers
Project Manager, Medical Affairs-Network Development
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Project Manager-Medical Affairs- 2257924
The Project Manager, Medical Affairs is responsible for providing critical operational support for all Network physician management initiatives, including physician recruitment, integration, and development activities. The ideal candidate should be passionate about healthcare delivery, a creative problem-solver, and possess exceptional team and interpersonal skills. This role will have a significant impact on the performance of our physician network and will report to the Chief Medical Officer of the Mount Sinai Health Network.
- Partners with the Chief Medical Officer of the Mount Sinai Health Network on medical affairs initiatives relating to practice acquisitions, joint ventures, hospital and health system integration, and other physician alignment activities:
- Manages all Network medical affairs related projects
- Clinical due diligence,
- Term sheet development in partnership business units
- Contract Development and Contract Renewals
- Physician performance evaluations
- Physician leadership program
- Medical director meetings
- Population health and ACO projects
- Specific primary care transformation projects along with Senior Medical Director and Primary Care
- Manages and coordinates projects to support the Mount Sinai Health Network, ensuring that goals or objectives of the project are achieved successfully, on time, and within budget. Project management activities will include:
- Development of project plans and timelines, dashboards, reporting tools
- Ensures that all stakeholders are actively engaged
- Proactively identifies issues and creatively generates solutions and adaptions to ensure project success
- Manages internal and external meetings, including planning and scheduling, as well as development of agendas and meeting minutes, and deliverables tracking.
- Communication of project status through the creation and use of tracking and reporting tools and dashboards.
- Performs strategic analyses to enhance market intelligence and support Health Network physician needs, including assessment by geographic region, specialty, and patient demographics.
- Supports physician strategy for employed practices through referral management, disease management, and Population Health initiatives.
- Conducts feasibility studies and financial analyses for a variety of care models to drive decision-making.
- Coordinates and Supports diverse physician alignment and development initiatives, including:
- Monthly Medical Director meetings
- Physician leadership development program
- Regular practice visits
- Bi-annual physician evaluations
- Works closely with internal departments, and serves as a liaison with the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and the Dean’s Office on medical affairs related issues and initiatives.
- Maintains high level, effective working relationships across the institution to foster growth of the Mount Sinai Health Network including Departmental administrative, clinical leadership and relevant medical staff.
- Improves internal and external business processes to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the Mount Sinai Health Network and the physician experience. Designs and implements tracking methods for internal processes and controls.
- Coordinates with Legal and Business Planning to draft all relevant documents (e.g. term sheets, employment agreements))
- Conducts ad hoc analyses and prepares presentations for special projects for the Senior Executive team of the Mount Sinai Health Network
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5 years minimum of relevant experience, in the ambulatory practice operations, hospital, credentialing, or payor environment
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.