Mount Sinai Careers
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- REQ # 2257924
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Business Development Manager is responsible for managing business development activities and decision support analysis, and is part of the design and implementation team for complex Business Development initiatives. Reports to the Associate Director of Business Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Leads in the design and implementation of complex Business Development initiatives including practice acquisitions, joint ventures and other physician alignment strategies. Supports due diligence and other key business processes for these initiatives, including compliance and legal approval of agreements, creation and execution of lease, license/service, and professional service agreements.
2. Identifies and develops new business opportunities for the Mount Sinai Health Network from initial planning to execution. Ensures that business development policies, strategies, systems, structures and approaches align with the strategic priorities related to organizational growth, admissions/census goals and program development.
3. Works closely with internal departments, including Audit, Compliance, Legal, Business Planning, Real Estate, Finance, IT, Human Resources, and Marketing to coordinate due diligence procedures.
4. Directs and coordinates activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Alters plans and makes recommendations for future project phases or future projects, based on lessons learned from the project.
5. Maintains high level, effective working relationships across the institution to foster growth of the Mount Sinai network including Departmental administrative, clinical leadership and relevant medical staff.
6. Improves internal and external business processes to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the Business Development operations. Designs and implements tracking methods for internal processes and controls.
7. Works with Legal and Business Planning to draft all relevant documents (term sheet, employment agreement, asset purchase agreement, medical record custodial agreement, etc.) for each new affiliation.
8. Conducts ad hoc analyses and prepares presentations for special projects for Senior Executive team at Mount Sinai Hospital.
· 4 years minimum of relevant experience, preferably in the health care field
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.