Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Per Diem Laboratory Technologist - Generalist - RTC Lab
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our world-renowned reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a daily basis. Mount Sinai’s allied health team members work side-by-side with global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services that support healing in our local communities and around the globe.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
• Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/service/administrative tasks.
• Performs technical procedures in chemistry /hematology including but not limited to coagulation and urinalysis as outlined in the policy and procedure manual(s).
• Performs periodic/scheduled and as needed maintenance on instrumentation/equipment. Maintains documentation including remedial action for problems encountered.
• Performs quality control and calibration procedures when indicated; verifies in laboratory information system; records on Levy-Jennings charts; signs QC logs.
• Ensures that all required Quality Control and/ or calibration procedures are completed by signing out the records appropriately- per shift/daily/monthly etc., a) All QC are logged in the LIS and indicated on the Charts when needed)Signs all QC Logs.
• Maintains all records as per the regulatory requirements: card files, patient requisitions, LIS Documentation, statistical data.
• Consults with the Supervisor or the Pathologist, if needed, on all important results, conflicting or out of range (recognized patterns specified in policy) results. Notes inadequate volume and/ or abnormal appearance of sample
• Reviews all Critical Test results by repeat analysis if necessary, and communicates the same to Nursing Staff/ Physician every time. Supervisor/Pathologist is always notified in extreme cases. Enters the details of the Critical Value communication in LIS.
• Prioritizes work activities to meet the established/expected test result turnaround time. Always notifies Supervisor if cannot perform a test or it is delayed.
• Assists in Inventory Control to assure adequate supplies (QC, reagents, calibrators and other consummables are available and reagents are stored properly (temperature sensitive). Supplies are dated appropriately when placed in use.
• Participates in other projects/duties as assigned by the Supervisor/ Lab Management.
• Takes initiative in resolving instrument related problems and finding alternate options for test processing.
• Uses available time to departmental advantage and assists where needed.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area.
• May be required to perform other duties as assigned or perform other duties when necessary.
• Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
• Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
• Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies.
• Participates in Competency and Proficiency testing programs, reports results back to Supervisor.
• Observes all Safety procedures and precautions: a) Uses Personal Protective Equipment such as Lab Coats, gloves, mask, shield etc., b) Disposes off contaminated waste and samples as specified by the hospital and laboratory manual.
• Wears hospital ID badge at all times while on premises.
What You'll Bring:
• B.S. in Medical Technology or equivalent
- NYS Laboratory technologist license
• ASCP preferred or NCA certification
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.