Mount Sinai Careers
Offsite Physician Assistance - PA - Endocrinology - Staten Island - MSH
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- REQ # Offsite Endocrinology - # 2258470
Job Title: Physician Assistant
Roles & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of a physician, provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care services..
- Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records in EMR system.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies. Follows-up on laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic test results.
- Maintains accurate and complete patient records. Develops and implements patient management plans, records procedure and progress notes. Assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Provide oversight of all surgical cases related to scheduling and medical clearance.
- Prescribe medications and approves medications
- Patient Volume – 15 per day/blood work results/call backs/ e-prescribe/EMR-EPIC
- Shift Schedule - M-F, two late nights till 7-8 pm (40 hour week)
Education: Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
Licensees: Physician Assistant
Certifications: ACLS, BLS and ICC(Infection Control Certificate
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.