Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY II - OPHTHALMOLOGY
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Administrative Secretary II rerforms secretarial and general office support involving word processing, typing, telephone reception, mail distribution and record and file maintenance. The person in this role typically services are provided for an assigned department, care center, nursing unit or one or more individuals.
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relay messages and greets visitors.
- Opens, sorts and prioritizes mail. Picks up and delivers materials as required.
- Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, coding, updating and destruction.
- Types correspondence, memos, reports, minutes and other documents from dictation or handwritten copy and may compose routine correspondence and memoranda. Proofreads typed materials and makes corrections, as needed.
- May prepare and distribute minutes of meetings
- May screen and schedule patient appointments, schedule referrals of special testing or doctor’s visits, and keep record of patient billing for submission.
- Makes travel, accommodation and/or transportation arrangements.
- Schedules and maintains calendar for meetings and/or appointments.
- Responds to inquiries for information according to established policies.
- Gathers, assembles and categorizes data for general information purposes and special reports.
- May process check requests and expense reimbursements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Associate Degree in secretarial science, Secretarial School diploma or High School Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience
- 2 years clerical/secretarial experience required.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Applies Learning: Assimilates and applies new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Builds Customer Loyalty: Effectively meets customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Builds Strategic Work Relationships: Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Contributes to Team Success: Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Decision Making: Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Initiates Action: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Manages Work (includes Time Management: Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handles stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.