Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Registered Cardiac Diagnostic Technician (2-5)
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
To provide exceptional patient care in an environment where quality, respect, caring and compassion. Provide leadership in the performance of diagnostic tests of the cardiovascular systems to patients to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of the heart and blood vessel disorders. Participates in the invasive and non-invasive cardiac procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Cardiac Technician should be familiar with the techniques and range of equipment used in current medical practice for the diagnosis, treatment and care of patients.
- Directs electrocardiogram, echocardiogram, holter monitor, trans-oesophageal echocardiogram exercise stress testing and dobutamine stress testing to aid in diagnosis of the cardiovascular system.
- Performs electrocardiogram, echocardiogram, holter monitor, trans-oesophageal echocardiogram exercise stress testing and dobutamine stress testing in compliance with departmental and hospital policy and procedure.
- Train, supervise and conduct a full range of non-invasive and invasive cardiac diagnostic tests including ECG, Echocardiography, Holter monitoring, Stress ECG, Pacemaker and ICD implants, follow-up and programming, EP studies, angiography and angioplasty procedures.
- Maintains required departmental records. Corrects delinquent medical records.
- Assures that equipment is maintained according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Reports any malfunctions as they occur per hospital policy.
- Participates in department process improvement projects.
- Maintains infection control procedures to project patients and staff.
- Train new employees and assist in evaluating all cardiac technicians.
- Orders and stores adequate supplies in compliance with company policy.
- Evaluates equipment and makes suggestions regarding purchase, use or rental.
- Report accidents and incidents. Participate in the investigation and remedial action.
- 2 - 5 years of experience
- Bachelors degree is preferred
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.