Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Physical Therapist; Part Time
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our world-renowned reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a daily basis. Mount Sinai’s allied health team members work side-by-side with global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services that support healing in our local communities and around the globe.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Under the supervision of the Therapy Manager or Professional Practice Manager, the Senior P.T. examines and provides physical therapy intervention to a diverse patient population. This position can be permanent or rotating but staff at this level demonstrate advanced clinical skills regardless of the service. Assumes administrative duties as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs initial examinations, establishes appropriate goals, plans and implements treatment interventions, performs timely re-examinations and modifies goals and treatment interventions accordingly. Coordinates with other disciplines when indicated.
- Assumes responsibility for all documentation requirements in a timely manner, i.e., initial examinations, progress notes, monthly summaries and discharge summaries
- Provides training to families or care partners and medical personnel as indicated.
- Recommends appropriate durable medical equipment in coordination with appropriate team members. Writes letters of medical necessity when indicated.
- Participates in discharge planning, makes recommendations for continued physical therapy and provides home exercise programs when appropriate.
Education: Bachelor's degree. Master's preferred.
Current New York State Physical Therapist licensure.
Experience: 3 years of PT related experience.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.