Mount Sinai Careers
DevOps Engineer I - Clinical Innovation
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Clinical Innovation - REQ #2260034
DevOps Engineer I
Role & Responsibilities:
Are you ready to create and manage the Big Data Infrastructure? Are you interested on research and development of state of art open-source technologies?
The DevOps Engineer will work on implementing and maintaining on premise and cloud big data infrastructure. This includes:
- Build and manage big data infrastructure using proprietary and open-source technologies.
- Develop and manage continuous deployment pipeline.
- Work on deployment and maintenance of machine learning data products.
- Additional responsibilities include developing prototypes and Proof-of-Concepts for the selected use cases, and implementing complex real-time machine learning infrastructure.
- Bachelor degree in engineering (e.g. computer science , Biomedical Informatics, Physics, Statistics)
- Minimum 5 years real world DevOps and Programming experience building and maintaining complex systems, and automating, installing and configuration of software, e.g. Linux, Apache, Jetty, Jira, Confluence.
- Detailed working knowledge of networking and control access to hosting environments
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies.
- Working knowledge of Ansible and other DevOps automation tools
- Master degree is plus
- Knowledge of managing and creating Hadoop and Spark cluster
- Knowledge of managing and creating of MongoDB cluster
- Working experience on the messaging systems like Apache Kafka and
- Rabbit MQ
- Knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation on Azure or AWS is a big plus.
Strength through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.