Mount Sinai Careers
Data Scientist - Clinical Innovation
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Clinical Innovation - REQ #2260046
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Data Scientist will work on researching and developing machine learning and deep-learning model for accelerating translational research and improving clinical care. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Research and develop new algorithms.
- Optimize existing machine learning algorithms to fit the different clinical optimization use cases
- Additional responsibilities include developing prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected use cases, and implementing complex machine learning algorithms
- Master/PhD degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Theoretical Computer Science
- Good knowledge with at least 1 programming languages among Scala/Python/Java/C/C++. Must be flexible and fast to pick up new languages.
- Advance Knowledge of Supervised Learning , Unsupervised learning, Reinforcement Learning and Clustering
- Hands on Experience of Deep Learning
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and other big data technology stacks and streaming tools.
- Familiarity with and the ability to leverage a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation on Azure or AWS is a big plus.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.