Mount Sinai Careers
Data Scientist - Clinical Innovation - Full Time
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Clinical Innovation - REQ #2260046
Role & Responsibilities:
The Data Scientist will work on learning and developing predictive machine learning and deep-learning model for accelerating translational research and improving clinical care. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Learn and build machine learning model using Spark MLlib, and Python
- Work on creating deep learning model using Tensor Flow and other open source technology.
- Work on deployment and maintenance of machine learning model
- Additional responsibilities include developing prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected use cases, and implementing complex machine learning algorithms
- Master/PhD degree in engineering (e.g. computer science , Biomedical Informatics, Physics, Statistics)
- Basic knowledge with at least 1 programming languages among Scala/Python Java.
- Must be flexible and fast to pick up new languages.
- Basic Knowledge Supervised Learning , Unsupervised learning and Clustering
- Basic Knowledge of Deep Learning
- Preferred Qualification:
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and other big data technology stacks and streaming tools.
- Familiarity with and the ability to leverage a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation on Azure or AWS is a big plus
Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Master’s degree preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.