Mount Sinai Careers
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The mission of the Office of Quality Operations is to improve health system performance and outcomes by providing leadership and care teams with the data and insights they need for operations, clinical performance measurement, quality improvement, analytics and outcomes research. We provide solutions to integrate, cleanse, govern, translate and dispense information across Mount Sinai’s clinical institutes and clinical care service lines. Our team is seeking a Statistical Analyst to lead outcomes research effort, define clinical measurements and use clinical data to improve quality.
- Sourcing and preparing data from various data sources.
- Working with and explaining missing and messy data values.
- Translating department/personal requirements for data answers with minimal guidance.
- Leading an analytics/statistics project from start to finish
- Visualizing answers clearly and concisely while considering all complexities that are inherent in health care data.
- Documenting workflow and tools
- Work with clinical teams/internal leads to define measures for assessment.
- Work with senior analysts to define analysis techniques for answering these questions.
- Create interactive Tableau dashboards for various hospital staff
- Use common collaboration tools (git, Markdown) along with scripting languages (R, SQL) to create reproducible analyses.
- Contribute to internal R packages.
- Identify improvements to workflow and analysis processes used by the internal team and help implement them
- Define statistically and clinically relevant survey questions.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or Public Health.
- Possesses advanced statistics skills including an understanding of probability and its application to the analysis of data including statistical process control, process monitoring, and diagnostics.
- Excellent at communicating difficult statistical concepts (Oral and Written)
- Self-motivated and organized in pushing projects to completion.
- Able to learn quickly on the job, with minimal guidance.
- Two (+) years of experience in R
- Experience with performance improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma) and data-driven improvement efforts
- Experience in designing surveys for patient reported outcomes.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing/organization principles.
- General understanding of healthcare departmental/clinical operations, workflow, policies, and procedures
The Mount Sinai Health
System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common
devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the
city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join
us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or