Mount Sinai Careers
OFFSITE MEDICAL SECRETARY- Manhasset
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
946 - MS Manhasset Medical Associates
Job Title: Offsite Medical Secretary- Manhasset
Roles & Responsibilities:
Provides secretarial and clinical support to Physicians & Surgeons in a faculty practice setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. May schedule appointments for patients.
2. Take detailed clinical phone messages for physician or advanced allied healthcare provider.
3. Acquire insurance authorizations for procedures and tests ordered by attending physician.
4. May enter orders into the electronic medical record (EMR) system or prepare prescription refill requests on behalf of the physician for the review and approval by the ordering physician.
5. Maintain logging system as required for tracking test results.
6. Assist in the maintenance of medical charts and/or electronic medical record (filing, Op Reports, test results, home care forms).
7. May schedule surgeries/procedures or work in conjunction with Surgical Coordinator verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admissions and consent forms as necessary.
8. May be responsible for Medical Assistant duties if qualified, such as performing venipuncture and/or EKGs, checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room, assisting patients as needed with walking, transferring and dressing, as well as collecting and processing specimens and point of care testing, preparing for exam, etc. May assist physicians with various procedures, takes vital signs, relays instructions to patients and or families; answers calls and provides pertinent information.
9. Retrieve physician correspondence from dictation service, edit where necessary
10. Prepare physicians’ mail correspondence.
11. Compile documents for surgical billing packages
12. May maintain, adjust and confirm patient office schedule.
13. Help direct patient flow during practice hours.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree or High School Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience. Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program if performing clinical duties.
2 years of related experience.
Ability to communicate effectively with multicultural and language-deficit patients
Proficient in medical terminology and HIPAA guidelines
Knowledge of electronic medical record and/or billing systems preferred, but not required
Required Competencies include:
Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Applies Learning: Assimilates and applies new job-related information in a timely manner.
Builds Customer Loyalty: Effectively meets customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Builds Strategic Work Relationships: Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Contributes to Team Success: Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Decision Making: Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Initiates Action: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
Manages Work (includes Time Management: Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Quality Orientation: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.
Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handles stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.