Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Director, Population Health Strategy - Mount Sinai Health Partners
The Mount Sinai Health System
Mount Sinai is one of the largest non-profit health systems in the U.S. with a strong reputation for quality of care (18th ranked academic medical center) and research/education (22nd ranked medical school). Our health system has ~40,000 employees working together to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients each year.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health management – our goal is to keep entire communities healthy and out of the hospital. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai. The team includes 400+ employees with clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development expertise.
MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who:
· Are comfortable “playing up” and “playing down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
· Work productively amidst ambiguity
· Thrive in fast-paced work environments
· Seek to improve the status quo
Within MSHP, the Population Health Operations Team develops the Population Health strategy and drives key initiatives to support that strategy across all other MSHP and MSHS business functions, including contracting, analytics, clinical operations, commercialization, and IT. The Population Health Operations Team also owns the core business operations of the population health enterprise, including finance and team growth & development.
MSHPseeks an Associate to drive the development of population health strategy, design and maintain the MSHP balanced scorecard, track business outcomes against strategic goals, and support governance of the population health business. Reporting to the Vice President of Population Health Operations, the Associate Director of Population Health Strategy will be an integral member of the Population Health Operations team and have significant opportunities to engage with senior leadership across the Mount Sinai Health System.
· Support the MSHP Leadership Team in developing and updating the MSHP strategy
· Perform market analyses, including market sizing of the health insurance market, competitor analysis, etc.
· Recommend modifications to MSHP strategy as needed
· Support the MSHP leadership in developing detailed action plans to achieve strategy
· Design and update quarterly progress reports, incorporating both balanced scorecard results and detailed strategic action plans, and outline implications for overall strategy
MSHP Balanced Scorecard
· Collaborate with MSHP leadership to develop KPIs to provide insight into MSHP business performance relative to strategy
· Design balanced scorecard, incorporating KPIs from each business unit
· Develop and implement process for gathering KPI data, updating balanced scorecard, and distributing to leadership
· Develop MSHP business insights report based on KPI data
MSHP Business Intelligence
· Develop a business intelligence toolkit for MSHP Leadership to provide insights and key information about the MSHP business
· Create materials and work with teams across MSHP to pull together materials in the business intelligence toolkit
· Develop and implement optimal update cadence and distribution process for toolkit
· Work with the VP of Population Health Operations and Chief Population Health Officer to refine the MSHP governance model, including defining decision hierarchies and developing operating norms
· Maintain agenda and action items associated with MSHP governance meetings
· Provide ad hoc support to the Vice President, Population Health Operations, as required
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required
· At least 4 years of professional experience either at a health system or health insurer or a strategy consulting firm with healthcare focus
· Master’s degree may be substituted for 2 years of work experience
· Experience working independently with senior leaders from large organizations
· Strong functional knowledge of value-based contract structure
· Strong modeling and analytics skills, ability to independently perform claims analyses a plus
· Demonstrated passion for healthcare transformation
Additional Skills and Qualities
· Strategic thinker – natural strategic thinker that is able to understands how individual project activities fit within and contribute to the overall population health business
· Problem solver – responds to problems with suggested solutions; sound judgment and decision-making abilities
· Analytic skillset – able to perform complex analytics including financial analyses, P&L development, and claims analysis; exceptionally fluent in Excel
· Effective communicator – excellent written and verbal communication; able to summarize analyses in a way that simplifies complex ideas and synthesize information into insights
· Flexible team player – able to collaborate well with diverse set of team members, comfortable working in a start-up environment, and responds effectively to constructive feedback
· Organized – meticulous and detail-oriented; consistently meets timelines and objectives
· Reliable – delivers high-quality work and accurate analyses; proactively addresses questions or concerns in a timely manner
· Mature professional – seen as a mature leader, interacts with internal and external stakeholders independently and in a professional manner
· Passionate innovator – desire to join a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment with a passion for delivering superior health value and improving health care in the US