Mount Sinai Careers
PROGRAMMER ANALYST II - Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. Innovation and investment in information technology is critical to the ongoing success of our organization. Our IT professionals are vital to improving patient outcomes by standardizing clinical and business IT processes and supporting award-winning applications. Our IT professionals also take full advantage of robust training and development programs to stay on the leading edge of technology, which is shaping the transformation of the health care system.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Health Program General Responder Data Center (GRDC) is charged with the
oversight and coordination of the data collection, data analyses, and reporting
on the health status of over 40,000 9/11 responders being seen at the five
consortium Clinical Centers of Excellence (CCEs) in the NY metropolitan area.
The CCEs provide medical monitoring and treatment examinations and clinical
assessments for these responders.
The GRDC is seeking a highly-motivated and skilled web applications programmer/analyst to join their development team. The position will be responsible for development of middle-tier web services for interactions and communications between front end web servers and back end relational databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to and takes direction from the GRDC Data Management supervisor
- Works as part of a team of analysts, programmers and DBAs
- Understands business rules and processes and design flowcharts to illustrate process flows as well as write technical documentation such as SOPs in support of those processes
- Works from or writes specifications to develop new or modify existing web applications using object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts
- Develops and/or assists in developing logic and writing of original or modifying relatively complex programming code, such as routines utilizing OOP concepts of classes, instantiation, inheritance, etc. as well as web services on a middle tier managing communications between front end web servers and back end databases
- Tests and debugs code written by other programmers or self
- Provides assistance and training to team members
- Interacts with users and customers to address concerns about application functionality, behavior and performance
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Three years of experience in programming web applications utilizing IIS front ends, web services, middle tiers and Oracle/SQL Server back ends using the Microsoft Visual Studio development environment
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.