Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Patient Coordinator II - Faculty Practice Associates (FPA) Administration, Patient Access Center
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
The Patient Coordinator II is a senior level individual, responsible for initiating and establishing first direct contact with patients. Confirms and updates patient demographics and verifies insurance as necessary to ensure that patients have appropriate insurance for physician they are seeing. Takes a lead role among the Patient Coordinators, mentors and trains less experienced staff and assists in the oversight of the front desk and office activity in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Greet patients either in person or via telephone, and update their insurance/demographics in the practice management system.
- Trains and mentors less experienced Patient Coordinator and administrative staff and discusses issues of concern with Supervisor.
- Assure that physician accepts insurance that patients present with. If not already done prior to visit, verify insurance prior to patient’s arrival or at minimum at time of arrival before visit.
- Communicate with appropriate staff regarding patient’s arrival, and ensure that patient’s medical record is available for physician.
- Process/update HIPAA-related paperwork and other institutional forms as necessary.
- Collect or retrieve referrals or insurance authorizations as required.
- Review status of waiting room on a routine basis and ensure that patients are kept advised of wait times.
- Ensures that patient has paid co-pay or collects co-pay under direction of billing staff, providing patient with receipt following established cash-control processes.
- May schedule patient for follow-up appointment as needed. Provide patient with guidelines for requesting medical records, if necessary.
- May perform duty as liaison between Patient Coordinator Staff and Administrative Assistants in addressing patient concerns.
- Participates in customer service initiatives, patient satisfaction survey, ACD and appointment reporting.
- Follow all HIPAA and any other governmental or state agency requirements regarding the appropriate handling of PHI documents.
- May participate and offer input into Performance Appraisal process with the Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties.
What You’ll Bring:
- High School graduate/GED
- Hospital scheduling and registration systems including, but not limited to, Epic, IDX, Cerner, RIS, Eagle, ECW
- 3 years related experience in a medical practice environment
- Computer: Microsoft Office, Outlook
- Patient-based customer service and soft skills
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.