Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Program Manager- NP- Institute of Advanced Medicine- Pain Service Practice
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- The Institute for Advanced Medicine (IAM) REQ #2262468
Job Title: Clinical
Pain Management Specialist
The Mount Sinai Health System The Institute for Advanced Medicine (IAM)
The Institute for Advanced Medicine (IAM) is seeking a Pain Management Specialist for our Pain Management Program. The ideal candidate for this position would be a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with experience treating acute, chronic and addiction patients through medical management, or with willingness to be trained in these activities. In addition, knowledge and use of alternative therapies for treatment of acute and chronic pain (including non-interventional techniques), is highly desirable; willingness to be trained in these techniques is also acceptable. The Pain Management Specialist will work with the Director of Pain Management and other IAM providers to develop, organize and implement comprehensive services to help patients optimize functional abilities and develop effective pain management skills. The Pain Management Specialist, once duly trained, will also provide supervision to other IAM providers as part of this role.
Senior Medical Director and Director of Pain Management
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Clinical Leadership and Quality
· Ensures implementation of professional and hospital standards to support outcome-based care and scholarly research-based practice consistent with the IAM’s mission.
· Evaluates the impact of changes in clinical practice and supports innovation to improve care delivery and resources in the environment of practice.
· Assists clinical redesign and performance improvement teams to facilitate advancing clinical practice of pain management and assure adequate resources for clinical and non-clinical support for patient care.
· Evaluates the efficacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the performance of all personnel in carrying out the mission of the hospital.
· Ensures the development of interdisciplinary clinical pathways, standards of care, and process improvement activities to evaluate the impact of programs and initiatives on clinical outcomes, quality, patient safety, customer satisfaction and the promotion of the hospital mission and vision.
· Facilitates the utilization of performance improvement, quality and research in the change and delivery of pain management.
· Advises, mentors, and counsels managers related to ethical issues, complex practice dilemmas and as indicated to meet the needs of patient-family focused care in outpatient settings.
· Collaborates with physicians and other department leaders in decision making structures and processes.
· Ensures the implementation of clinical specialty specific standards. Supports the clinical/medical leadership in the development of interdisciplinary and nursing standards relevant to the scope of practice for pain management.
· Collaborates with hospital leaders to ensure the environment of care is compliant with internal standards and external regulatory standards.
· Represents IAM and/or the Department of Nursing on hospital committees and teams and serves as a senior leader in these forums.
Management of Human Resources and Development
· Ensures that personnel issues are managed in compliance with contractual agreements and supports positive employee-management relationships.
· Supports participation in continuing education programs.
· Ensures all personnel receive performance appraisals, are appropriately credentialed, competent, and complete ongoing mandatory programs to provide patient care.
· Participates in nursing professional organizations and supports same in clinical nursing leadership.
· Maintains awareness of current trends and legislation affecting the nursing profession and healthcare delivery.
· Treats co-workers, patients and families with dignity and respect.
· Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people, and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
· New York State License as a registered professional nurse with current registration.
· New York State Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Licensure
· Infection Control Certification
Job Type: Full-time
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.