Mount Sinai Careers
Mechanic A (HVAC/Controls)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Mechanic A evaluates, diagnoses, and performs basic repair and planned maintenance (PM) on medical facility-related systems and equipment, The Mechanic A drives customer satisfaction through Service Excellence and maintains excellent customer relations through clear, concise, and continuous communications.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Evaluates basic customer equipment issues.
- Works with others or alone in the troubleshooting and repair of equipment as required.
- Performs planned maintenance (PM) as assigned, including control system calibrations.
- Performs safety and environmental inspections as assigned.
- Wears pager furnished by Hospital and responds promptly to all requests initiated by the Supervisor.
- Follows appropriate hospital policies, procedures and protocols, and completes necessary documentation as assigned. Documents work in detail as specified by management to ensure that an accurate history of maintenance and repair can be maintained.
- Ensures proper care of spares, tools and test equipment.
- Maintains technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
- Makes decisions based on clear instructions and operational rules and procedures, and escalates issues to management as appropriate.
- Meets Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.*
- Must be able to work at heights*
- Must be able to carry and climb a 6 foot ladder. *
- Must be able to work independently.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Associates degree in electronic technology or mechanical principles highly desirable.
- 1 year basic or mechanical repair experience
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.