Mount Sinai Careers
PROJECT COORDINATOR I - ORTHOPEDICS
The Mount Sinai Health System
Department of Orthopedics - 2263268
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You'll Do:
The Project Coordinator I assists in creating and executing plans for specific basic and moderately complex projects which fall outside the regular operations of the department. The Project Coordinator I follows projects through all phases by assisting in the development of the project plan, and ensuring adherence to the plan. A Project by definition must have a timeline with a beginning and end date.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes the coordination of basic and moderately complex project activities and ensures the quality, timeliness, and integrity of ongoing projects and schedules. Basic projects are typically small in scope affecting one or two departments with little or no budgetary oversight.
- Develops and maintains a detailed project schedule which includes administrative tasks. Ensures adherence to deadlines.
- Coordinates and leads assigned project activities ensuring that assignments are completed.
- May organize, lead and facilitate project-related meetings, including the creation of agendas and preparation of materials. Prepares and/or edits meeting minutes, presentations and tables.
- Maintains detailed records and documentation of project activity and may be responsible for developing uniform procedures for storing and keeping appropriate documentation. Provides feedback to communicate project findings as appropriate.
- May develop reports and other deliverables as assigned.
- Tracks project changes and produces updated schedules as required.
- Monitors project deliverables and timelines, notifies management when issues arise, and take corrective actions, as needed.
- May coordinate ordering, follow up of receipt and invoicing as necessary.
- Develops test scenarios if applicable to position, project or department.
- May be responsible for conference travel planning, and departmental correspondence as it relates to the project.
- May be responsible for communication with outside contractors and/or vendors and consultants as required by the project.
- Performs other related duties.
What You'll Bring:
Bachelors’ degree required, or equivalent education and work experience.
None required, 1 year of experience in project coordination preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.