Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Surgical Care Associate
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Being a member of our nursing team at the Mount Sinai Health System is truly a badge of honor. Our nursing professionals provide leadership in a stimulating, supportive, and state-of-the-art environment where expertise is valued and collaboration is essential. As members of interdisciplinary care teams, nurses work alongside recognized leaders in all areas of clinical care—sharing outstanding resources, ideas, and technology to improve patients’ lives.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Replenish and arrange neatly scrub brushes, hoods, caps, masks and booties.
- Maintain cleanliness of shelves, work counters and utility carts.
- Distribute processed instrument sets, equipment and supplies in appropriate work and storage area.
- Keep containers and storage areas clean and in proper order; Clean shelves weekly and as often as necessary.
- Ensures every operating room has a Surgicounter™ on the dock and cleans the Surgicounter™ during room turnover.
- Distribute equal supply of patient gowns, blankets, sheets and wrappers in all storage areas; fold and arrange neatly.
- Ensure to document in the marble book and log book when the specimen is sent out of the specialty area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English in a clear and concise manner
- Visual and aural acuity to assess patient within parameters of job responsibilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Oriented to consumer satisfaction.
- Physical stamina, manual dexterity to perform a variety of tasks and skills in area of assignment
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.