Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
SUPERVISOR II - SURGERY
Mount Sinai Health System
Department of Surgery - 2264638
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Responsible for the supervision and coordination of assigned administrative and general office activities consistent with departmental objectives, administrative policies and practices. Provides direct supervision for administrative and office support staff such as secretarial/administrative assistants, medical assistants, schedulers, data management and medical records staff. Ensures the successful delivery of support services within the department or unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and schedules work for staff to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Ensures adequate staffing for unexpected/emergency coverage.
- Provides work direction, guidance, coaching and training for staff.
- Establishes, reviews and revises work processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective administrative activities.
- Makes recommendations regarding fiscal and staffing requirements of the unit to assist in the preparation of budgetary recommendations.
- Compiles information reflecting expenditures and develops comparisons.
- Assists in the development of new methods, procedures and/or processes to increase efficiency and to improve service deliver, production, equipment performance, scheduling and quality control.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with other departments, units or care centers, as well as within own department, to ensure effective coordination of work activities.
- Fosters an environment of open communication and team work in support of the department and organization’s goals and objectives.
- Ensures compliance with department and organization policies & procedures.
- Supervises and coordinates various personnel activities including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, training, disciplining and making salary increase recommendations.
- Performs other related duties.
Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
3 years of directly related experience with 1 year in a supervisory role or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent organizational skills
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.