Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
DIRECTOR, PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT - DEVELOPMENT OFFICE
The Mount Sinai Health System
Development Office - 2265112
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Director, Proposal Development will handle a variety of projects to support Capital Campaign fundraising including strategic proposal development. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in development proposal writing and the ability to work with faculty and senior administration to craft high-level proposals of depth and complexity. The Director, Proposal Development will also supervise and direct the work of three proposal writers on staff. The incumbent will work closely with the Dean, the Chief Development Officer, Deputy Chief Development Officer, and other Senior Management to develop proposals and reports for individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees three Proposal Writers; supervises their workload.
- Directs efforts in support of significant gifts of $1 million or more, working closely with Chief Development Officer.
- Works with the Development Communications team to provide content and editing for a full range of print and Web-based materials.
- Conducts research and interviews faculty, staff and others to compose appropriate and effective copy for principal gift donor proposals and stewardship material.
- Ensures that messaging is consistent with messages developed for Development Communications and coordinates stewardship work with the Stewardship/Donor Relations team.
- Develops written language to be used in proposals, white papers, acknowledgment letters and other communications for senior-level administrator.
- Reviews and edits written materials to ensure quality and consistency.
- Contributes to principal donor cultivation and stewardship strategies as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required, with a concentration in English, journalism or writing strongly preferred. Master's degree preferred.
7 years’ experience with a minimum of 5 years of fundraising and proposal writing in a healthcare or other not-for-profit setting; experience with healthcare writing strongly preferred.
- Outstanding writing, editing, and interview skills.
- Must be able to work collegially within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with insights into providing support for fundraising officers.
- Must be an organized and a responsive team player with a good sense of humor.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.