Mount Sinai Careers
Director, Proposal Development-Development Office
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Director, Proposal Development will handle a variety of
projects to support Capital Campaign fundraising including strategic proposal
development. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in
development proposal writing and the ability to work with faculty and senior
administration to craft high-level proposals of depth and complexity. The
Director, Proposal Development will also supervise and direct the work of three
proposal writers on staff.
Works closely with the Dean, the Chief Development Officer, Deputy Chief Development Officer, and other Senior Management to develop proposals and reports for individuals.
- Oversees three Proposal Writers; supervises their workload.
- Directs efforts in support of significant gifts of $1 million or more, working closely with Chief Development Officer.
- Works with the Development Communications team to provide content and editing for a full range of print and Web-based materials.
- Conducts research and interviews faculty, staff and others to compose appropriate and effective copy for principal gift donor proposals and stewardship material.
- Ensures that messaging is consistent with messages developed for Development Communications and coordinates stewardship work with the Stewardship/Donor Relations team.
- Develops written language to be used in proposals, white papers, acknowledgment letters and other communications for senior-level administrator.
- Reviews and edits written materials to ensure
quality and consistency.
Contributes to principal donor cultivation and stewardship strategies as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, with a concentration in English, journalism or writing strongly preferred. Master's degree preferred.
- 7 years’ experience with a minimum of 5 years of fundraising and proposal writing in a healthcare or other not-for-profit setting; experience with healthcare writing strongly preferred.
- Outstanding writing, editing, and interview skills. Must be able to work collegially within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with insights into providing support for fundraising officers.
- Must be an organized and a responsive team player with a good sense of humor.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.