Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Administrative Assistant II, Hematology & Oncology
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Mount Sinai Health System’s multidisciplinary clinical research teams are pioneering innovative new approaches in health care across a variety of fields. Working alongside leading physicians and within internationally acclaimed medical institutes, centers, and laboratories, our scientists continue to shape the future of clinical care and improve outcomes for patients of all ages.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Administrative Assistant will be required to manage administrative and academic activities relating to one or more physicians within the Division of Hematology/Medical Oncology. Duties will include meeting coordination and calendar management, answering phones, ordering supplies, and other day-to-day operations as required. He/she will also serve as administrative liaison with others related to purchasing, facilities and operations.
- Scheduling meetings, interviews, travel arrangements and appointments.
- Assist with calendar maintenance-scheduling of seminar speakers and post-doctoral fellow/technician candidates, and lab meetings.
- Arrange for travel authorizations/requests for meetings/conferences
- Prepare and process reimbursements for travel and other business expenses
- Organize monthly expense reports and ledger review. Follow up on discrepancies or incorrect charges.
- Screen telephone calls, answer inquiries or direct caller to the appropriate individual for further information and/or resolution.
- Screen and prioritize incoming mail for needed action and follow up. Responds to mail where appropriate or distributes mail requiring attention to appropriate individual(s).
- Serves as a liaison with other departments or external parties as necessary to accomplish objectives and or complete projects or assignments.
- Coordinate the logistics of arrangements for forums, conferences, seminars, meetings and/or visiting professorships. Assist in the development and coordination of informational packets for participants. Transcribes and distributes minutes.
- Coordinates time, location and parties involves for meetings involving the recruitment of Professional Staff.
- Bring/pickup white MD coats to/from laundry
- Place lab orders with different vendors: typing in items in requisition mode to obtain PO number, then Faxing the orders once PO is issued; keep track of orders
- Collect packing slips as packages arrive and cross checking with the PO. Follow up with vendors when orders partially not fulfilled.
- Prepare check request, business expense reports, facilitate service request and non-employee reimbursement forms.
- Record/maintain warranty information for lab equipment.
- Maintain service contract information (TW Smith, Cryostar, etc)
- Arrange fund transfers for purchases
- Field phone calls from vendors, and scanning/emailing/faxing necessary correspondence
- Assist in the daily operations of the laboratory’s administrative office.
- Assist in preparing grants applications for competing external funding
- Assist with grant application for non-competing submissions
- Researches, locates and compiles information for reports. Assembles and categorizes figures for computation and calculations. Prepares statistical reports. Prepares and monitors budgets and grant allocations, and maintains accruals.
- Prepares documents required to maintain balanced accounts for review and approval. Maintains files, and ensures compliance with regulatory standards.
- Copying/collating materials, picking up materials from Grants and Contracts office
- Correspondence – type all correspondence.
- Responds to request in a timely manner.
- Follows-up to ensure that requested materials are delivered according to departmental procedures.
- Liaison with other offices – Communicates with other organizations, departments, and offices.
- Renders word processing service to other members of the laboratories as time and needs dictate.
- Interface with vendors, and administrative units in the medical center.
- Telephone – answers the phone lines, take messages and communicates messages.
- Messages – Ensures that messages are properly communicated.
- Supplies – maintain administrative office supplies.
- Maintains and retrieves files of a complex nature for assigned area.
- Maintains files in an organized and up-to-date manner in order to facilitate their retrieval.
- Completes filing in accordance with department procedures.
- Duplicates and collates material upon request.
- Interact with vendors, suppliers and telephone carriers concerning billing, pricing, and related discrepancies.
- Other administrative duties as assigned and/or required.
- Bachelor’s degree plus three to four years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work well with in a professional and harmonious manner.
- Excellent computer, interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of grant writing helpful but, not mandatory
- MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Illustrator
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.