Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
ASSOCIATE RESEARCHER II- Department of Neurosciences
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our world-renowned reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a daily basis. Mount Sinai’s allied health team members work side-by-side with global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services that support healing in our local communities and around the globe.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
As an Associate Researcher you will serve as a Tissue Coordinator for Autism BrainNet.
- Support outreach activities
- Participate in regular staff meetings
- Interface with vendors, medical professionals, medical examiners, funeral homes and representatives from organ procurement organizations
- Work in cooperation with the Clinical Director to coordinate the shipping of fresh, xed and frozen human brain tissue
- Process dura, blood, fresh human brains and other human tissues according to Autism BrainNet protocols
- Support the database development by entering relevant case information
- Work in cooperation with Autism BrainNets Science Program Ocer to section and ship tissue approved for distribution
- Work in cooperation with Autism BrainNets Neuropathologist for completion of neuropathology examinations as needed
- Track existing cases as they are consented, processed, stored and distributed
- Work in cooperation with other members of Autism BrainNet sta to achieve other objectives as deemed necessary by program leadership
- Bachelor’s in biological sciences with an interest in neuroscience
- 0-1 years of Laboratory research experience
- 0-1 years experience with dissection
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.