Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
PROGRAMMER ANALYST III- Department of Gastroenterology
The Mount Sinai Health System
Programmer Analyst III - 2266708
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our world-renowned reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a daily basis. Mount Sinai’s allied health team members work side-by-side with global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services that support healing in our local communities and around the globe.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Programmer Analyst III performs programming and other work involving the understanding of complex systems software and the solving of problems on these systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops specifications of extremely complex software programming applications
- Works at a very high technical level of all phases of software programming
- May define the logic, perform the coding, test and debug programs
- Responsible for components of the overall operating system or complex sub-systems of the operating systems, such as sophisticated file management routines, large telecommunications networks, and administrative and statistical software packages, performance evaluation and enhancements
- May be involved in providing assistance and training to other Systems Programmers
- May act as a Project Leader
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Five years of experience in systems programming, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Knowledge of several high level languages i.e. Java, C++, .NET) and knowledge of Assembler language
- Must have experience in the system(s) used in the area, the knowledge and ability to write clearly in Assembler and other higher level languages, knowledge of computer algorithm
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.