Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
APPLICATIONS SUPPORT ANALYST I - SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Application Support Analyst for the Scientific Computing department assists with the overarching goal of accelerating translational research and improving clinical care.
The Application Support Analyst has a passion for customer satisfaction and attention to detail. This position is responsible for providing exemplary service to clients while handling technical inquiries for the Scientific Computing Team’s software products and services, such as our Electronic Research Application portal, REDCap, Data Warehouse and other research products.
- Provide first and second line Service Desk and Application Support, resolving technical queries and communication solutions directly to stakeholders
- Team with other functional areas to manage the resolution of cases that involve multiple areas of both clinical and technical expertise
- Monitor and respond to open tickets submitted through an incident management system
- Execute routine quality control testing of all site services pertaining to application support and business continuity
- Provide direction, documentation and training to assist in resolving application issues
- Interface regularly with internal and external customers via on-site meetings, email, or conference calls to collect necessary information and ensure requests are completed
- Maintain an understanding of all supported applications from an administrative and user perspective, directly assisting with user account maintenance, ticket maintenance, access triage
- Track and maintain status of all tickets, providing regular updates, and collect survey feedback
- Participate in gathering user requirements and collaborate in the creation of a Statement of Work (SOW) to resolve the request
- Contribute to departmental initiatives and identification of opportunities for process improvement
- Improve and document the technical processes around application support (using Confluence)
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum two years of external customer-facing experience in a healthcare and/or software support environment
- Experience within the healthcare domain is required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with escalated customer issues
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionality
- Comfortable communicating application concepts to others having diverse levels of seniority and technical competence
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and adapt to pressured situations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
- Self-motivated, directed, and passionate about customer satisfaction
- Experience with ITIL compliant incident, problem and change service management is a plus
- Experience within the healthcare domain is a plus
- Experience with REDCap software is a plus
- Basic knowledge of SQL, JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, and Confluence software is a plus
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.