Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Therapist - Psych Therapy - Full Time/Days
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Psychiatric Therapy – Job # 2267502
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our world-renowned reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a daily basis. Mount Sinai’s allied health team members work side-by-side with global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services that support healing in our local communities and around the globe.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
As a member of the clinical team in the department of Psychiatry, the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Therapist is responsible for the design, development and implementation of group and individual psychotherapy, the provision of therapeutic and recreational activities, and the maintenance of a therapeutic milieu for psychiatric in-patients or for outpatient clients within the Continuing Day Treatment Program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Evaluates patients by using professional techniques such as interview, standardized evaluation, projective procedure and non-verbal behavior assessment, in order to determine functional capacities, suitability for group therapies and activities, and develop course of treatment
· Obtains information from medical records, medical staff, and the patients themselves to assess patients’ capabilities, needs, and interests
· Monitors and records patients’ progress to ensure that individual treatment goals and objectives are met or revised as appropriate
· Attends and participates in departmental, unit and team meetings
· Confers with members of the treatment team to plan and evaluate programming
· Keeps track of inventory and maintains work space in an organized, hygienic manner consistent with regulatory requirements. Estimates needs for space, supplies, and equipment and responds accordingly
· Maintains currency in field by review of professional literature on an ongoing basis; participation in professional organizations and attending appropriate conferences
· Provides task supervision and departmental orientation to interns, students of various disciplines and volunteers. Assists in orientation of staff as assigned
· Assist in misc. departmental responsibilities, i.e. preparing and delivering presentations to hospital personnel as assigned, providing input into planning and selection of in-service training programs, and submitting monthly statistics regarding caseload, group-load and clients.
· Adheres to certification and/or licensing requirements as determined by respective regulatory agencies
· Implements group and individual psychotherapy sessions according to therapeutic design and in consultation with clinical team; adapts departmental treatment plan to meet changing patient needs during the course of treatment
· Develops, updates and implements Interdisciplinary Treatment Plan with clinical team
· Prepares patient assessment and progress reports; documents clinical services in medical record; communicates relevant information to clinical team; recommends changes or modifications in therapeutic programming as necessary
· Participates in ongoing group and/or individual clinical supervision, as arranged by Department Manager per state regulations
· In consultation with department Manager, appropriately licensed Psychiatric Rehabilitation Therapists may take on individual and group clinical supervision responsibilities with respect to therapists practicing under a limited permit
· Assess patients’ emotional, developmental, educational, recreational, and related health care needs. Make outside referrals when indicated. Increase patient and family involvement in the patients’ illness/wellness self-management
· Develop techniques and interventions to help reduce stress, increase adaptive coping, and enhance developmental growth
· Implements individual or group activities in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and according to the design of specific programs within the division
· Prepares and maintains record and case files including documentation such as patients’ personal and eligibility information, services provided, narratives of patient contacts and relevant correspondence.
· Maintains compliance with the content and timeliness of charting requirements as mandated by the hospital and all external regulatory agencies
· Maintains case management responsibilities of assigned clients. Counsels, refers for services identified as necessary, keeps case notes on progress or lack of same, corresponds and coordinates service with hospital staff, family members and caregivers, and outside agencies involved with patients; instructs other staff on the implementation of treatment plans
· Attends weekly Patient Rounds to discuss patients’ participation in program, provides feedback regarding patients’ progress and receives input from the interdisciplinary team, including psychiatrists, clinical director, social workers, rehabilitation counselors, etc.
· Develops and maintains relationships with community referral sources including but not limited to supportive psychiatric housing, community mental health centers, psychosocial programs, the NYC shelter system, community groups, etc.
· Participates in ongoing group and/or individual clinical supervision, as arranged by Director of the CDTP per state regulations
· Performs other related duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
· Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling required
· LMHC required, MHC-LP considered
· Excellent diagnostic and clinical skills, including knowledge of the DSM 5.
· Experience providing crisis intervention and ongoing individual, group and family therapy to patients with behavioral health diagnoses
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary staff in a highly demanding environment.
· Ability to meet all reporting and record-keeping mandates.
· One year paid experience working in a psychiatric rehabilitation setting, acute psychiatric experience preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.