Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Clinical Nurse (PTO) - Mount Sinai Hospital - FullTime Evening Shift
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Clinical Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers patient care by incorporating the tenets of the professional practice model of Relationship Centered Care and through the application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, evidence-based practice, and approved organizational nursing standards.
- Assesses and evaluates patient care needs and applies critical thinking skills in patient care management.
- Integrates relevant assessment and intervention skills in the delivery of nursing care.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary healthcare team in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the plan of care.
- Prioritizes all aspects of patient care including teaching, rounding, coaching, and planning “after hospital care” and delegating to others as appropriate.
- Educates patients and caregivers while anticipating needs and readiness to learn, about their plan of care, transition of care, promotion of health, and prevention of disease.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, family and all members of the Interdisciplinary Patient Care Team.
- Manages assignments within the Care Delivery Model of Modified Primary Nursing and demonstrates allocation of material resources effectively.
- BSN Degree
- NYS RN License and Registration
competence in area of nursing practice assigned; new
1. Must have relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice assigned;
2. Evidence of ability to maintain interpersonal relationships, communicate appropriately to others, and work effectively and efficiently to solve problems
3. Demonstrates the ability to work in a team displaying effective communication and critical thinking
4. Ability to read, write, understand and speak English in a clear and concise manner
5. Visual, physical, auditory and cognitive ability to assess patient status
6. Physical and mental health necessary to care for acutely ill patients with a broad variety of diagnoses and behaviors on a daily basis
7. Ability to walk, stand, lift, stoop, push and respond quickly in a variety of situations and for an extended period of time
8. Manual dexterity to perform a variety of clinical procedures relevant to practice area (i.e. venipuncture, urinary catheterization, cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
9. Ability to use basic data entry, retrieval systems and the electronic medical record documentation system in a proficient manner
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.