Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
CLINICAL ASSISTANT - OTOLARYNGOLOGY
The Mount Sinai Health System
Department of Otolaryngology - 2268354
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Serves as a liaison between physicians, patients, families, healthcare providers, nursing homes, homecare providers, patient employers and insurance companies to ensure quality patient care for patients seen in the campus and offsite satellite offices.
- Coordinates the daily activities of the physician team staff to ensure an effective and efficient daily operations flow.
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned which may include: checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room, assisting patients as needed with walking, transferring and dressing.
- Collecting and processing specimens and point of care testing, preparing for exam, etc. Assists physicians with various procedures, takes vital signs, relays instructions to patients and or families; answers calls and provides pertinent information.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include: sending and receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.
What You'll Bring:
- Certification as a Medical Assistant from an approved school or equivalent training and experience
- 2 years of experience as a Medical Assistant; 5 years of experience preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!