Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER - REHABILITIATION MEDICINE
The Mount Sinai Health System
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine - 2268674
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
Responsible for oversight of the administrative, operational and financial activities of a department, medical care unit or division. Ensures the successful coordination and delivery of the day-to-day operations, which may include budgetary oversight, staffing and administration of policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes major schedules, task assignments and allocation of manpower, space and equipment to ensure conformance with departmental goals and objectives.
- Administers departmental contracts and grants in accordance with MSMC policies and sponsors’ requirements regarding the maintenance of records, reports, controls and conditions governing expenditure of funds.
- Recommends changes in operational policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the organization’s guidelines. Ensures activities are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations and/or guidelines.
- Assists in the determination of fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitors, verifies and reconciles expenditure of budgeted funds.
- Ensures the adherence to budget parameters.
- Maintains liaison with all levels of administration, faculty and/or outside organizations to coordinate operational activities, to accomplish directives and to facilitate the resolution of problems.
- Prepares operational and financial reports and analyses. Setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Serves as the department’s liaison with administrative and professional staff regarding MSMC policies and procedures, personnel administration, grant administration and budgetary preparation and control.
- Interprets and administers personnel policies such as hiring, performance appraisals, training, staff disciplinary activity and salary recommendations. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding equal pay and equal employment.
- Assists in the planning of short and long-range goals for the department, unit or division. Prepares and evaluates proposals to implement new programs and expand existing ones.
- Assists in the implementation of quality assurance programs and monitoring activities to meet standards and regulations of accrediting agencies such as JCAHO, CARF and New York State and City Department of Health.
- Performs other related duties.
Bachelor’s degree in business related field. Master’s degree preferred.
5 years of related business experience with competency in applying general personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of one or more major administrative functions.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.