Mount Sinai Careers
BILLING COORDINATOR-GENERALIST - SURGERY
The Mount Sinai Health System
Department of Surgery - 2268676
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Billing Coordinator (Generalist) is responsible for multiple components of the billing process, including Accounts Receivable, Charge Entry, Edits and Payment Posting. Proficient in these processes to facilitate accurate and timely payment of claims and collection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verifies insurance and registration data for scheduled outpatient/inpatient encounters and scheduled surgeries; reviews encounter forms for accuracy. May be responsible for obtaining pre-certification for scheduled surgeries and admissions.
- Enters office, inpatient, and/or outpatient charges with accurate data entry of codes. Ensures charges are entered/processed in accordance with policies and procedures.
- May run and work missing charges, edits, denials list and process appeals. Posts denials in IDX on a timely basis.
- Posts all payments in IDX using approved methodologies.
- May perform specialty coding for services and medical office visits and review physician coding and provide updated to physicians and staff.
Associates Degree or high school diploma/GED plus 2 years of relevant experience, CPC preferred
2 years experience in medical billing or health claims, with experience in IDX billing systems in a health care or insurance environment, and familiarity with ICD/CPT coding