Mount Sinai Careers
DIALYSIS EQUIPMENT SPECIALIST (DES)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Renal Treatment Center – Renal Dialysis – Requisition – 2268876
Job Title: Dialysis Equipment Specialist (DES)
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Dialysis Equipment
Specialist (DES) is responsible for the maintenance, upkeep, and operation of
all Hemodialysis and Peritoneal dialysis equipment. The DES assists in the
implementation of AAMI and State guidelines related to the Hemodialysis unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains, calibrates, and evaluates dialysis machines and other related equipment used for dialysis treatments.
- Documents, maintains, evaluates, interprets and properly files all reports, repair manifests, microbiological testing and other related documentation.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly QA relating to all dialysis systems and equipment.
- Maintains adequate supply of spare parts for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Reports and documents all equipment malfunctions to Technical Manager, Clinical Nurse manager and other appropriate individuals based on established policy and protocol.
- Reports equipment deficiencies to manufacturer and other regulatory agencies when necessary.
- Monitors and maintains water treatment plant.
- Monitors and maintains unit stock. Places appropriate orders as necessary.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment, treatment techniques, equipment maintenance bulletins and issues concerning supplies to the unit
- Maintains professional relationship with all appropriate vendors to insure good flow of information regarding new developments in the field of nephrology and other issues that may effect the operation of the dialysis unit.
- Performs and evaluates quality control of dialysis machines and water treatment plant, as per AAMI standards.
- Responsible for cleaning, disinfection of the dialysis equipment and water treatment plant.
- Is knowledgeable of and properly trained in the safety, preparation, and utilization of all chemicals used in the dialysis unit
- Willingness to attend seminars, lectures and/or continuing education courses related to maintaining skill level and general knowledge.
- Works as a member of the Hemodialysis team to maintain, improve, assist, communicate and contribute to highest standards of care.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
High School diploma required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Machine repair & Water treatment Certification preferred
The DES will be knowledgeable about and able to assist in the implementation of AAMI and State guidelines related to the Hemodialysis unit.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.