Mount Sinai Careers
PROGRAMMER ANALYST II- SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Assist stakeholders in developing specifications for data capture and reporting software.
- Analyze user requirements and envision system features and functionality.
- Plan, design, implement, troubleshoot and maintain software applications. Set expectations on features and priorities throughout the development life cycle.
- Work with agile development methodology, by coordinating requirements, schedules and other activities, and to communicate them to a team of clinical administrative staff. Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Design and conduct tests for the software.
- Follow best practices for software development which include documenting business rules, processes and procedures underpinning the applications being developed through flowcharts and diagrams.
- Enhance organization by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Resolve conflicting requirements by proposing alternatives.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Three years of experience in systems programming, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Experience should include specifically C#, ASP.NET, and SQL.
- Some experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Git, Classic ASP, and VBScript preferred.
- Must be able to manage evolving needs for growing database.
- Must have experience and ability to create and maintain complex software clearly.
- Must be flexible in considering technology options (tools, methods, programming languages).
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) savings plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.