Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
OFFSITE LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE I
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Doctors Brooklyn Heights – Pediatrics - 2269846
Job Title: Offsite Licensed Practical Nurse I
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm with one Saturday/month, 8am-1pm
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Offsite Licensed Practical Nurse I works as part of the healthcare team by assisting in planning and implementing care interventions while promoting high quality patient care in a professional, efficient and safe manner, ensuring the patient flow. The Offsite LPN provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to patients. This individual is expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge in this area and apply it to everyday practice.
- Prepares and escorts the patient for exams and procedures.
- Explains treatment procedures, medications, diets and physician’s instructions to patients.
- Administers medications, including all types of injections, IV therapy as needed and within the scope of licensure.
- Provides basic patient care and treatments, including but not limited to: dressing wounds, performing catheterizations or applying compresses.
- Collects, labels and processes specimens accurately.
- Cleans and prepares medical treatment rooms for patient visits
- Assembles and uses equipment appropriate to specific medical practice.
- Schedules follow-up appointments for patients as needed.
- Communicates delays effectively when necessary.
- Enters patient information into the electronic medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manages the physician's work environment appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to patients including, but not limited to, making appointments, booking procedures, obtaining pre-authorizations and answering telephones.
- Manages medical inventory and supply ordering based on par levels.
- Must work under the supervision of the physician or Registered Nurse.
- Performs other related duties
- High School Diploma/GED.
- NYS LPN license
- Completion of Licensed Practical Nurse certificate program
- 0-2 years as Licensed Practical Nurse
- IV and/or phlebotomy skills preferred
- Completes competency skill checklist within first 3 months.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.