Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
DENTAL OFFICE ASSISTANT
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Dentist Office Assistant provides
clinical and administrative support by assisting dentist with procedures and
assisting FPA billing manager with scheduling and patient coordination. The
person in this role develops and implements systems to improve service delivery
and daily management of work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers phones, schedules appointments and keeps records as necessary.
- Greets and prepares patients for the dentist’s examination.
- Provides set-up of examination room and instruments in preparation for procedures using proper sterilization techniques established by infection control policies.
- Performs chair-side duties and four handed dentistry.
- Operates X-ray machines and develops X-rays.
- Mixes compounds for cleaning or filling teeth.
- Assists in coordinating patients between the Department of Dentistry and the Division of Oral Surgery, including, but not limited to; confirming appointments, confirming surgeries, ensuring that all paperwork is completed and scanned into Dentrix.
- Inventories, orders or re-stocks departmental supplies.
- Communicate with appropriate staff regarding patient’s arrival, and ensure that patient’s record is available for the dentist.
- Review status of waiting room on a routine basis and ensure that patients are kept advised of wait times.
- May initiate reminder phones calls for next day appointments.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School graduate/GED.
- 1 year related experience preferred
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexibility regarding assignments and ability to manage multiple reporting lines
- Strong work ethic and flexibility in schedule
- Personal qualities such as the ability to work independently yet ask focused questions when needing direction and clarification
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.