Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IT Technical Engineer I
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The IT Technical Engineer for messaging team engineers and supports Messaging and Collaboration applications for the Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS).
1. Provide engineering and administrative support for the assigned areas, which may include Citrix Infrastructure and Citrix applications packaging, NetScalers, VMWare, Windows Servers OS, Server Hardware, etc.
2. Tests new software versions and participates in the definition of standard installation and upgrade methodologies. Create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation.
3. Performs daily functions that include end user support, system support, implementation and software update/upgrade and co-ordination, and administrative audits to ensure accuracy of the complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process.
4. Maintains software versions management controls.
5. Understands Packaging concepts and methodologies and may assist with packaging application for servers and client devices.
6. Resolves problems and may implement, configure and fine tune a system/process to monitor system health.
7. Works closely with clients, vendors and project teams to determine support requirements and provides a resolution within defined standards.
8. Implements prototype systems to test new software products and solutions.
9. May assist with cross-divisional business requirements and troubleshooting.
10. May act as a Project Lead.
11. Aids in executing testing with both IT project teams and divisional clients.
12. Maintains and augments manuals
13. Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is preferred.
• 3+ years of experience in the engineering and support of an institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process, with focus on Windows OS, Exchange messaging, and collaboration system.
• Must have excellent trouble-shooting and problem solving skills, analytical and methodical, and the ability to work independently and effectively with client and IT management, staff and vendors.
• Must have excellent communication and documentation skills, good organizational skills, and attentive to details.
• Experience with scripting and automation using PowerShell
• Experience in engineering/support of windows client/server operating systems
• Ability to create a bill of materials for project
• Must process good concepts and working knowledge of networking and routing protocols.
Must be a team players and willing to share knowledge
Minimum Computer Skills
Solid understanding of Exchange, Collaboration applications, Windows OS and Active Directory
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.