Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IT Project Manager I - DSRIP - Full Time
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
DSRIP - Req #2270210
IT Project Manager I
Role & Responsibilities:
The IT Project Manager I is responsible for managing, directing and planning one, but occasionally more than one, complex project consisting of one or more project teams. Responsible for coordinating, scheduling and assigning project tasks, team building, and maintaining working relationships with client functional areas outside of IT. Applies project development methodologies and reporting techniques to indicate project status.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages and directs one more project teams to meet complex project objectives.
2. Reviews, evaluates and formulates project plans, schedules and budgets.
3. Allocates staff and budget resources to meet changing corporate needs.
4. Identifies and negotiates schedules, milestones and resources required to meet project objectives.
5. Organizes and guides project operations through the use of methodologies accepted by the industry.
6. Evaluates and reports progress in terms of quality and performance metrics common to IT projects.
7. Modifies schedules as required.
8. Works with client departments to coordinate systems testing, installation, training and support.
9. May direct one or more teams of specialists, analysts and programmers.
10. May contribute to the disaster recovery plan and implements it when necessary.
11. May prepare staff performance evaluations.
12. Keeps informed of technical and managerial advances in IT.
13. Performs additional duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
1. Six years of related experience as a project team member of which at least four years have been in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
2. Able to manage projects from inception to successful implementation.
3. Requires strong analytical, communication, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills.
4. Able to foster working relationships with the team and client departments.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.