Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
PRACTICE MANAGER - DEPARTMENT OF UROLOGY
Department of Urology - #2271236
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Mount Sinai Health System’s multidisciplinary clinical research teams are pioneering innovative new approaches in health care across a variety of fields. Working alongside leading physicians and within internationally acclaimed medical institutes, centers, and laboratories, our scientists continue to shape the future of clinical care and improve outcomes for patients of all ages.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
The Practice Manager in the Department of Urology at the Mount Sinai Health System is responsible for the efficient and successful day-to-day operations and administration of a thriving clinical practice. The PM engages closely with Faculty physicians and the Health System Administrator to ensure that the processes, systems and people who affect patient care (i.e. scheduling, experience, care, billing, and payment) are optimized and functioning properly so to advance departmental goals and objectives and ensure adherence with clinical and financial regulatory requirements. The PM develops patient and provider schedules; staff roles, assigns responsibilities, trains and educates, and monitors performance; liaises with customers, rectifies breakdowns, and improves experience; manages the physical space and workflow; and helps to ensure proper coding and payment receipt. The PM is an agile and creative professional, and is quite adept at resolving issues and making swift decisions. The PM builds a cohesive and engaged work team, and helps to foster the continuum of excellence – from employee to patient. The PM possesses a high degree of emotional intelligence, and is a savvy verbal and written communicator.
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of practice clinical operation, including: scheduling, staffing, patient experience, billing and collection.
- Develops and/or continuously analyzes internal processes and procedures; conceives and implements procedural and policy changes to improve operations; measures and reports success.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for the enhancement of current operational systems that affect patient flow and optimize revenue.
- Manages and tracks practice surgical/procedural volumes.
- Manages staff schedules, hiring, performance appraisal, training, disciplinary actives and salary recommendations. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding equal pay and equal employment.
- Manages faculty practice coordination and clinical schedules.
- Manage patient experience and patient satisfaction utilizing Press Ganey data and evidence-based practices.
- Manages and maintains practice resources, including conducting inventory, equipment management, and supply management.
- In conjunction with the Health System Administrator and the Department’s Finance team, address all aspects of practice financial management and control, including: budgeting & forecasting, financial reporting and analysis, cash flow and charge optimization, transaction processing and control.
- Participates actively on Health System Administrator’s Leadership Team
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years of management experience, preferably in hospital or outpatient clinical setting
- Microsoft Office - Intermediate skill level
- Knowledge and comprehension of the billing cycle
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Ability to develop and enhance staff performance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.