Mount Sinai Careers
Duties and Responsibilities
(in order of importance and/or frequency)
• Contributes to the development of grant applications, research protocols, multi-disciplinary partnerships, and novel project ideas.
• Implements research studies and quality improvement projects.
• Assists with the preparation of manuscripts, data for presentations at scientific meetings, and for publication in journals.
• Conducts analyses in SPSS (preferred) or similar software packages.
• Works in multidisciplinary team, and develops and maintains positive relationships with co-workers and collaborators.
• Adapts to a wide variety of job tasks and projects, with the ability to survey literature efficiently and apply empirical findings appropriately.
• Recruitment, screening and consent activities
• Medical record data extraction
• Conducting study-specific interviews
• Prospective and retrospective data collection, analysis, interpretation and quality review
• Manuscript preparation and professional presentations
• Supervision of research assistants and students
• Attendance and delivery of presentations at professional conferences
• Oversees study site activities to assure fidelity/adherence to study protocols.
• Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
• Attends research staff meetings, study-related conference calls.
• Attends weekly supervision.