Mount Sinai Careers
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Paints ceilings, walls, woodwork and other
surfaces; mixes and blends paints; cleans and smooths surfaces and removes old
finishes in preparation for painting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares surfaces for painting; rigs stage or erects scaffolding; washes, cleans and smooths surfaces; fills holes, cracks and other areas with materials such as spackle and plaster; removes old finishes or paint from furniture, equipment and building components.
- Mixes and blends paints, or thins ready-mixed paint to obtain desired color or consistency. Spreads cloth or canvas to protect floors and furniture from spattered paint. As required, assembles spray gun for spraying operations.
- Paints ceilings, walls, woodwork, radiators, furniture, fixtures and other surfaces, using brushes, rollers or sprays. May sandpaper surfaces after each coating, to obtain smooth finish. Cleans and finishes surfaces such as woodwork, floors and equipment, using filler coat, stain, shellac or varnish.
- Works indoors and outdoors; uses high ladders and scaffolds as required. Ensures that work cart kept supplied with needed items; transports cart to workstations and keeps it within immediate reach at all times. Cleans work areas, tools, equipment and machines.
- As assigned, performs duties as part of Preventive Maintenance Crew.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS/GED required
- Prior experience preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.