Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MONITOR SPECIALIST
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Accounts Payable Monitor Specialist reviews, researches and processes vendor invoices and voucher requisitions by adhering to accounting policies and procedures in order to produce accurate financial statements and ensure timely payment of hospital bills.
- Prepares invoices and requisitions for electronic batch processing according to established accounting practices and purchasing policies to ensure accurate and timely payment of hospital bills.
- Prioritizes invoices for timely payment according to contractual agreements with vendors to meet financial requirements of the hospital and to maintain credit ratings.
- Maintains and monitors multiple entity records by reviewing vendor invoices for taxing requirements in order to maintain compliance with all IRS regulations including 1099 income reporting requirements and taxing laws.
- Maintains checks and balances to the system by researching and resolving discrepancies with vendors and hospital departments in accordance with established procedures to make timely payments and provide accurate financial reporting.
- Maintains appropriate records by following department procedures for matching checks to documentation in order to meet audit requirements.
- Performs balancing procedures by verifying invoice batch information entered into the system to system generated reports. Balancing ensures integrity of payment to vendor and protection of hospital assets.
- HS diploma/GED, Associates degree preferred
- 2 years of experience with automated accounts payable/materials management processes.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.