Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
BILLING SUPERVISOR- FPA ADMINISTRATION (CBO)
The Mount Sinai Health System
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Billing Supervisor oversees and coordinates work of subordinate
employees engaged in medical billing activities. Responsibilities include
oversight of check/cash posting, accounts receivable, charge entry, edits
processing, and customer service. Ensures that all targets are met and staff
work is monitored and meets collections, net, gross, days in accounts
receivable, and reject and edits targets. Performs more complex functions
related to billing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees work of non-supervisory employees engaged in processing claims, maintaining related files and logs, and checking patient eligibility for. Proactively identifies problems and assists in solving payment and other business office issues
- Monitors processing of claims for reimbursement and ensures all necessary documentation and attachment are included with claims. Interacts with physicians and administrators to coordinate communication of billable services to patients
- Orients and trains area employees in department policies and procedures and assists staff in carrying out their work by responding to more complex questions and problems
- Assists in the resolution of patient complains and concerns and resolves
- Processes payment statements by posting, listing and adjusting payments. Reviews denied and pending listings, notifies appropriate personnel and takes corrective action
- Gathers and exchanges information necessary to ensure timely processing and reimbursement of claims and to promote maximum cash flow and reduce outstanding days in accounts receivable
- Maintains effective communication directly with State agency representatives, third party payors, billing manager and verifies information regarding unpaid and late claims
- Assists in the development and implementation of department policies and procedures as required
- Remains current in government regulatory changes affecting Federal Payor eligibility, billing, and operational procedures and financials
- Develops special reports and financial/billing statistics related to area activities as requested by management
- May assist in interviewing of new staff and recommend hiring. May participate in performance evaluations of employees
- Performs other related duties
- High School graduate
- 3 years experience with medical billing and claims
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of CPT IV and ICD-10 coding
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Supervisory and leadership skill
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.