Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Patient Coordinator International Services (Mount Sinai Hospital) - EXECUTIVE SERVICES
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
EXECUTIVE SERVICES - 2271696
The Patient Coordinator of International Services will support the Executive Director of International Services who is responsible for 24/7 management of all operational, clinical and financial needs of the international services department. The Patient Coordinator is responsible for organizing the financial approval of international self-paying and embassy patients coming to Mount Sinai Health System for treatment. He/she will act as the liaison and facilitate client communication with hospital finance, physicians, and administrative staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plans, refers, and coordinates medical services for International Self Pay patients accessing the Mount Sinai Health System.
- Greets international self-pay patients either in person or via telephone, and updates their demographics in the department management system.
- Cultivates and maintains professional customer service relationships with foreign embassies and consulates.
- Verifies visit details with the patient or family prior to arrival or, at minimum, at time of arrival before visit.
- Navigates patient and family members to and from appointments
- Communicates all required detail to appropriate parties regarding patient's arrival, and ensures that the medical record is available for the physician.
- Processes HIPAA-related paperwork and other institutional forms as required, maintaining a high degree of accuracy and appropriate filing
- Performs customer satisfaction rounding with patients when admitted.
- Performs translation services when appropriate.
- Schedule patient follow-up appointment(s) as needed. Provides patient with guidelines for requesting medical records and other paperwork
- Ensures that payment is received from all incoming international patients for financial approval with hospital finance.
- Performs basic charge entry tasks or enter payments collected from patients and prepares Cashier's deposit. Note: duties are mutually exclusive and may not be performed by the same employee.
- Organizes basic payments from clients or payors for services that will be provided.
- Ensures that the correct ledgers have received the funds.
- Monitor allocation of funds and tracking of payments and refunds.
- Answers phones for department and coordinates inquires with appropriate team members or departments.
- Follows all HIPAA and any other governmental or state agency requirements regarding the appropriate handling of PHI documents.
- Perform other duties assigned by Director or supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in healthcare or business administration is required. (Master's preferred)
- Demonstrated 2+ years of care coordination competence in a health care facility / physician practice environment with an international client base. Demonstrated customer service; demonstrated commitment to an organization; demonstrated operational knowledge of concepts to benefit the organization. Ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders in the health care environment to ensure organizational success
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System
believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion
to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we
call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us,
you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.