Mount Sinai Careers
Physician Recruiter- Business Development Operations
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai’s vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians; 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation’s top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 “Best Hospitals” issue of U.S. News & World Report.
The Physician Recruiter is responsible for all aspects of physician recruitment throughout the Mount Sinai Health System including sourcing (advertising, cold calling, networking etc.) screening and interviewing of candidates, writing and posting jobs, and coordination of interview schedules. The ideal candidate will be sophisticated, sincere, thoughtful, and be able to have meaningful discussions which form trusting relationships with physicians. Applicants must be results oriented and thrive in a fast paced environment. The Physician Recruiter is responsible for service excellence throughout the recruitment process, and acts as a brand ambassador to physician applicants. This role reports to the Director of Physician Recruitment and works hand-in-hand on accomplishing all task related to physician recruitment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Utilizes experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals related to Physician Recruitment, consistent with industry standards and practices
- Knowledge of full life-cycle recruiting process and recruiting strategy from sourcing to closing candidates; must be highly organized and have the ability to handle a very busy environment in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Acts as a relationship manager to a large group of physicians and administrators and serves as a key partner in helping them attract high caliber candidates to meet our growing needs
- Experience developing recruitment plans, sourcing and screening strategies, curriculum vitae evaluation, and candidate selection
- Conducts in-depth phone screening and maintains high-touch communication with viable candidates; serves as a point person and resource for responding to questions and feedback obtained by candidates
- Drives proactive recruiting strategies that support the business objectives and attract highly qualified candidates
- Develop working knowledge of physician employment agreements, employment process, and compensation & benefits to assist in answering candidates questions as needed
- Meet with hiring manages to acquire information needed to write well-written, appealing position descriptions
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of the Mount Sinai Health System and all affiliates in order to assist with candidate inquiries
- Responsible for coordinating interview and follow-up process for visiting physician and spouse/significant other
- Participates in department projects and process improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4 years of healthcare recruitment experience with ideally 2 years direct physician recruitment experience
- Must have comprehensive understanding of healthcare industry, physician market, and medical specialties
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Accurate and efficient computer data entry skills; Strength with MS Office Suite and various ATS Systems
- Ability to function independently (minimal direct supervision) yet also work effectively on a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with physicians and business partners at all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and a diverse workload, while achieving results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer-service focus; ability to effectively influence internal and external customers
- Ability to problem-solve and generate creative solutions to recruitment challenges, while working effectively with physicians, administrative staff and business partners
- Corporate recruitment experience highly preferred; executive recruitment experience is a plus
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.