Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
PROGRAMMER ANALYST I - Department of Gastroenterology
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Programmer Analyst I develops, installs, services, maintains and documents
operating system principles, as well as performing other system software
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists in the definition and programming of moderately complex software, such as utility programs, job control language, macros and subroutines
- May assist in the coding of various control modules developed internally
- May assist with relatively complex software applications, such as job accounting, systems generation, terminal monitors, compilers, link editors and assemblers
- Assists in developing and modifying relatively complex software, such as routines supporting multi programming, telecommunications and file management
- May provide assistance to other Programmer Analysts
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested
- Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience: Two years of experience in systems programming, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Requires knowledge and ability to write clearly in Assembler and/or block structured programming. Good communication skills
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.